About 150 million people do not have access to clean water and drink what is available in open reservoirs. About 260 million people have to walk an hour to get to a source of drinking water. Almost 1.5 billion spend about 30 minutes on their way to drinkable water. This problem is being talked about more and more in college and university.
Why Is Water Conservation Important?
Today, every urban dweller has unlimited access to drinking water, and we often think that its reserves on Earth are inexhaustible. This topic can be explored in more detail in water conservation essays. You can read the essay examples at the corresponding resource to deepen your knowledge. However, according to environmental experts, shortly, humanity may face a global crisis due to a lack of clean water. That is why a student should know the basic rules of saving water in everyday life and try to stick to them.
Environmental Methods of Water Conservation
Saving water has long been an established tradition that has been used with great success in various industries. The economical use of the water resource is actively implemented in the agricultural, industrial, and, most importantly, the domestic spheres. Even in education, students write an essay on the subject.
The European water conservation experience proves that it is possible to consume water economically without violating one’s usual consumption schedule. Figures speak for themselves. Let’s compare water consumption per person in the USA and Europe. The situation in the United States is more acceptable – 200 liters per day. But the figures in Europe are between 130 and 140 liters. As you can see, compared to the United States, this is more than half as much. How did Europe achieve this? Because of a competent state program for the population. Namely, the introduction of economical devices in households:
- economical faucet nozzles;
- faucet aerators;
- stabilizers and regulators that control the flow of water;
- restrictors for toilet cisterns.
The use of the presented economical devices has become an effective, affordable, and easy way to save water consumption. It is worth pointing out that their cost is in budget figures, so the purchase will not cause financial difficulties.
Ways to Conserve Water at Home
The state water conservation program, aimed at the conservation and careful attitude towards water resources, is obligatory and necessary for the other comfortable life of humanity. But, through simple measures, each of us can contribute to the economy, which will be felt if we do it together. Everyone should start with themselves because it depends on how long freshwater will exist on Earth. So what can be done to conserve water?
- Take a shower – saving water several times over. Personal hygiene procedures are a daily must. Use a shower – 30-50 liters of water to save water. If we’re talking about a full bath, it will take 130-180 liters.
- Install a water-saving showerhead. Such a device will reduce water consumption by more than 40%. The cost is in the budget price segment.
- Carry out the installation of economic (water-saving) lever taps. Their installation will save water resource consumption by more than 50% (compared to conventional models of lever taps).
- Use water from a well to work in the garden. If your plot has a vegetable garden, garden, or flowerbeds, which need constant watering, use water from a well for their maintenance (if such is available on the site).
- Do not flush cold water down the drain while waiting for hot water. Waiting for hot water to appear just causes cold water to leak down the drain. To avoid this, put a bottle or any other container and collect the cold water, which can later be used to heat the kettle or water the flowers.
- Perform repair work on all faucets that have even small leaks of water. It would seem that a drop of water from the current faucet will not cause significant damage. Of course, nothing bad can happen during a day, but a year of running such a tap will damage 20 thousand liters of water simply flushed down the drain.
You know how to save water without damaging your household and personal needs. By doing these simple but so essential activities, you will be able to make a significant contribution to saving such a vital resource.
Even small changes in habits can help participate in a global water conservation problem. After all, saving water also helps save electricity and other resources. Getting water into our homes and treating wastewater wastes enormous energy. Oil, gas, and nuclear power are used to generate electricity. The production and use of this energy affect our ecological security.
dailynewsup.com is a news magazine dailynewsup will provide you technology , business , fashion , health etc related post
contact for author firstname.lastname@example.org