Often referred to as Devabhumi, The land of the Gods, Uttarakhand for sure stands up to the given name. Filled with hills, mountains, temples, and valleys, this state is for sure something no traveler or hiker would ever miss out on. Kedarkantha is one such amazing peak in Uttarakhand. Located at a high altitude of nearly 12,500 feet, it takes nearly 5-7 days to complete the trek. Though this trek isn’t an easy one, it’s totally worth it. The amazing view with snow-covered forests and mountains is surely breathtaking. Trekkers will get to witness mesmerizing views of godly peaks like Swargarohini, Black Peak, and Bandarpoonch from the KedarKantha peak. The most suitable time to visit Kedarkantha is in the months of December, January, and February considering the high amount of snowfall at this time. So you carry your camera along because this track is known as photographer’s paradise because used for sure don’t want to miss capturing amazing shots. Kedarkantha trek is good enough for both beginners and experienced trekkers, though it wouldn’t be advisable for a first-timer.
This is a moderately difficult trek and can be covered even by a beginner. If you are a first-timer you might face a little bit of difficulty and therefore it is suggested to go in groups.
BEST TIME TO VISIT
The best time to visit KedarKantha is in between the months of December and April. During this season, the whole mountain is filled with white snow and snow-filled mountains for a site that you do not want to miss. If you are someone who enjoys trekking in ice-filled mountains, then this is the most suitable time for you to visit Kedarkantha.
You can even visit in the summers, the only thing you be missing is the snow.
HOW TO REACH:
The nearest airport to reach KedarKantha is the Jolly Grant airport in Dehradun. But if you are willing to travel by train, the nearest railway station is Dehradun railway station which is 208 km away. From there, you can catch a cab or a
local bus to reach Sakri. It is a long drive and from there you can meet up with the other tour members or the tour representative. That all, from here embark on your amazing journey.
You will be covering a distance of 20 km trekking. Temperatures vary from day to night, but they are not severe. So you’ll probably not face many difficulties while on the hike. The difficulty level is also moderate therefore this track will definitely be a jolly one for you.
OTHER PLACES IN AND AROUND KEDARKANTHA 1.Sankri Village
Sankri is a small village located in Uttarakhand and it has some amazing views. It is quite an isolated village away from all the rush of Indian cities and people here are really friendly and will definitely make you feel at home. You can even choose Homestay in this village.
2. Juda Ka Talab
On the Kedar Kantha trek, this is a lake that attracts tourists. It is located at an altitude of 2700 m above sea level and is a really beautiful lake. So make sure you visit this tab on your journey to Kedar Kantha.
3. Few other activities to enjoy on this track are skiing and zipline rides. You can also visit Someshwar Mahadev Mandir in Sankri.
THINGS TO CARRY ALONG WITH YOU :
Since trekking could be quite adventurous and since you might face some unexpected incidents, here’s a list of things that would help you just in case you find any difficulty during the hike.
1. Warm clothes: Carry warm clothes and a jacket. Full sleeve clothes are most preferred considering the low temperatures and to avoid catching a cold.
2. Track pants: wear comfortable pants because you can’t trek in tight clothes. They might cause trouble for you on your journey.
3. Waterproof Shoes: wear sneakers that are waterproof because you might actually have to walk in the right areas and you definitely not appreciate water soaking into your socks and shoes. Avoid wearing heels at all costs.
4. Raincoat: take along with you a raincoat or you can even purchase one on the trek.
5. Flashlight/ torch.
6. Sunscreen and sunglasses.
7. Cap or a hat.
8. It is suggested to take a polythene bag with you and collect all your trash without littering on the mountaintop.
dailynewsup.com is a news magazine dailynewsup will provide you technology , business , fashion , health etc related post
contact for author firstname.lastname@example.org